Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ’All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations . . .’
Chambers provides the following insights:
- Key to effective missionary work is the authority of Jesus Christ – not the needs of the lost.
- We receive assistance through the sovereignty of Christ in our endeavors to fulfill the desires of God
- Missionary work involves “teaching and preaching” out of our own experiences and relationship with Jesus Christ
- In order to be an effective missionary, we must come to Christ and know Him through worship and devotion.
- We are to live (Acts 1:8) our lives where we are abiding in Christ because His words abide in us (John 15:7)
Today, where are you at in fulfilling the call to “go and make disciples of all nations?” How are you living the gospel and abiding in Christ so that His words abide in you? It is clear and simple that the best form of evangelism is not so much focused on going to the lost and preaching, teaching, and encouraging them to come to Christ because of their needs. It is more of how we are able to bring the Gospel message to the lost through our own knowledge and experience of “knowing who Jesus Christ is”. After all, in praying to the Father, Jesus Christ says: And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent (John 17:3 KJV)
- Abiding in Christ – Being in Christ (menofredemption.wordpress.com)
- The key to the Master’s orders (westislandecclesia.net)
- Showing Yourself Faithful (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Divine control in the Christian life (apologiachristian.wordpress.com)